Mahindra Launches a Bundle of Industry-First Hi-Tech Features in the New Age XUV500
Advanced features include Android Auto, Emergency Call & Industry-first Connected Apps, & Ecosense
New Age XUV500 now available in an all new urbane Lake-Side Brown colour with premium Black interiors
- Raises technology & innovation benchmark in premium SUV category
- Set to redefine in-vehicle experience by providing connectivity, convenience and entertainment
New hi-tech features to be available from the W6 variant onwards, across all dealerships in the country
April 19, 2017, Mumbai: Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. (M&M Ltd.), India’s leading SUV manufacturer, today announced the introduction of a host of innovative technologies - many of which are an industry first - in the New Age XUV500. The new additions include Android Auto, Connected Apps, Ecosense & Emergency Call and are targeted towards meeting the evolving needs of today’s tech savvy consumer. These new technologies will redefine the in-vehicle experience of the XUV500 by providing connectivity, convenience and entertainment options to the consumer. These innovative new technology features will be available starting from the W6 variant at a price of Rs. 13.8 lacs only (Ex-showroom Navi Mumbai), with immediate effect.
In addition, Mahindra has also launched an all new Lake-Side Brown colour with premium Black interiors in the W10 variant of the New Age XUV500.
The XUV500 has been a pioneer in providing innovative hi tech features and by adding these industry-first features to the list, it has raised the bar once again.
According to Rajan Wadhera, President, Automotive Sector, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd., “When it was launched in 2011, the XUV500 broke new ground in automotive technology with several innovative technology firsts to its credit. We continued with this focus, adding more sophisticated and hi-tech features in the New Age XUV500 in 2015. Now, with the introduction of these new technology features, such as Ecosense and Android Auto, we have further pushed the boundaries to set new benchmarks in the SUV category. As a pioneer in providing technology accessible to the consumers, we have always strived to stay ahead of the curve in the realm of technological offerings. Our new offering in the XUV500 will enhance the in-vehicle experience further and will make driving even more comfortable, pleasurable and efficient”.
These new Hi-tech features enhance connectivity, provide more convenience, add safety and assist in optimizing fuel efficiency. The key features introduced include:
- Android Auto – This technology offers easy access to calls, messaging, navigation, music and Google search by connecting the user’s Android device with the infotainment system of the XUV500. Android Auto automatically pulls useful information from the user’s android device and organizes it into simple cards that appear just when they are needed on the infotainment system. Android Auto is designed keeping in mind the safety of the driver and the passengers. With a simple and intuitive interface, integrated steering controls and powerful voice actions, it is designed to minimize distraction and enable the driver to stay focused on the road.
- Connected Apps – The XUV500’s infotainment system now offers an industry-first feature - Connected Apps. Connected Apps provides a host of essential and exciting Apps like Gaana, Cricket Live, Zomato, Book My Show and others on the infotainment system. The user can access these apps through the infotainment system even if these are not available in the mobile device. This requires the user to connect the infotainment system with a wi-fi hot spot. Apps in the XUV500 provide India-specific entertainment, music, live cricket updates, flash news, and information on best restaurants, amongst others, all at the click of a button.
- Ecosense – An Industry first by Mahindra, Ecosense Technology helps in optimizing fuel consumption and reduces CO2 emissions by assisting the driver in driving more efficiently. For every trip, the user gets an Ecoscore out of 100, based on driving parameters like – speed, gear selection, acceleration, idling, clutch override and aggressive breaking. During the trip, the infotainment system keeps displaying an instantaneous Ecoscore and an average Ecoscore.
Ecosense Technology allows the user to share his/her Ecoscore on social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter and WhatsApp. The user gets easy access to the Ecosense data and history on the infotainment system as well as on the Bluesense app and the With You Hamesha website.
- Emergency Call - E-Call in the XUV500 is a first-in-class feature that provides access to emergency services in the unfortunate event that airbags get deployed. This feature automatically calls the emergency service and also sends a text alert to 2 pre-set numbers through a paired mobile phone.
- One Touch Lane Change Indicator
Mahindra has always been a trendsetter in advanced automotive electronics with innovations such as USB based audio, Voice Messaging System (talking car), Touch screen, Navigation (six regional languages), Onboard Audio-Visual Owner’s Manual, Mobile Apps, Park assist systems and Start stop technology amongst others. Apart from the new technologies that are announced today, the XUV500 will also be available in an all new Lake-Side Brown colour packed with premium Black leather seats and Black dashboard. The new Black interiors enhance the appeal of the XUV500 and make its interiors look even more rich and elegant.
The Mahindra Group is a USD 17.8 billion federation of companies that enables people to rise through innovative mobility solutions, driving rural prosperity, enhancing urban living, nurturing new businesses and fostering communities. It has a leadership position in utility vehicles, information technology, financial services and vacation ownership in India and is the world’s largest tractor company, by volume. It also enjoys a strong presence in agribusiness, components, commercial vehicles, consulting services, energy, industrial equipment, logistics, real estate, steel, aerospace, defence and two wheelers. Headquartered in India, Mahindra employs over 200,000 people across 100 countries.
Learn more about Mahindra on www.mahindra.com / Twitter and Facebook: @MahindraRise
Media contact information:
Vice President (Communications)
Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd.
Office Direct Line – + 91 22 28468510
Office Email Address – [email protected]