ABOUT THE AWARDS |
An Initiative by Mahindra Automotive, the Mahindra Rise Sustainability Champion Awards* is a first-of-its-kind event by an Indian Auto OEM. It recognizes young and rising change makers who have showcased extraordinary commitment to inspire change for a better future.
THE JURY |
Dr. Bhaskar Natarajan
Director Program AEEE
With over two decades of experience in climate change, renewable energy, energy efficiency, environment and other allied areas, Dr. Bhaskar Natarajan is a stalwart in energy policy and sustainable development.
Interim CEO Program Executive Director -Sustainable Cities Transport at WRI India
He is a respected thinker and practitioner on issues of urbanization, climate change and the environment. He currently provides overall leadership to WRI India activities in India and also spearheads WRI India’s Cities program. They help to overcome barriers in implementation of environmentally and financially sustainable infrastructure in India.
founder and CEO of Asar Social Impact Advisors
Vinuta Gopal is the founder and CEO of Asar Social Impact Advisors, a consulting group that builds collaborative networks for impact on climate and climate-related issues. She is a recipient of the prestigious Climate Breakthrough Award for 2022 - the largest climate action grant for individuals.
Managing Director, Enterprise Solutions at Moglix
A recognized leader with a proven track record in driving strategy, operations, and organizational effectiveness, Mukund brings over 28 years of global leadership experience in the manufacturing and chemical sectors. He has also been in the forefront of water sustainability discussion and was instrumental in putting together CEWA, the CEO water alliance.
CATEGORIES OF AWARDS |
Sustainable Design in Green Mobility
For individuals who have actively worked towards driving the transition to sustainable transport systems and green mobility technologies by designing environment-friendly solutions.
For individuals who have worked towards devising, promoting and adopting innovative practices and technologies to conserve, purify and reuse water, through people's participation resulting into the sustainability of water resources.
For individuals who have actively worked to bring the world towards cleaner energy and lesser emissions by catering to energy efficiency across sectors, or by driving behavioural change initiative on the ground.
For individuals who have actively worked towards building innovative practices or technologies in the area of mitigating air pollution through either advancement of science or technology or through community action.
THE PARAMETERS |
Overall change in status quo on identified challenges. Successful projects executed with demonstrable depth (quality), breadth (number of beneficiaries) & target achieved.
Sustainability of outcome after completion, future plan or possibility to scale. Ensuring a long-term solution that can be replicated in other parts of the country faced with similar challenges.
Inspiring Role Model
The stature and position held within the sector and amongst peers/youth. Indicated by nominee’s participation in reputed conferences and events, social media following, and presence in online and traditional media by way of articles, interviews or quotes.
THE WINNERS |
Founder & CEO, Why Waste?
Founder & CEO, CroozeApp
Founder, Hartek Solar
THE PROCESS |
- 40 candidates were shortlisted by Mahindra & Mahindra based on secondary research and post that these nominations were handed over to the jury.
- 24 semi-finalists were identified (6 in each category) based on three parameters of Impact, Future Potential and Inspiring Role Model.
- The final 4 awardees were selected by the esteemed jury through a ranking process for each category.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA OF THE EVENT |
- The Nominee must be an Indian resident between the age of 18 to 40 years.
- The Nominee can be of any legal occupational background, including a for-profit organization or not-for-profit organization, academic institution, think tank or research organization, individual, social activist, environmentalist, and any other background of similar nature.
- The Nominee must not be an employee to a foundation or organization in any capacity.
- The Nominee’s work must fit the category description and domain area.
- The Nominees who have played a role in social mobilization and driving behavioral change would have an added advantage.