Mahindra Introduces the All New Automatic Transmission of The New Age XUV500
The 6-speed Automatic Transmission of the New Age XUV500 comes with an AWD option and several hi-tech features
Price starts at Rs 15.36 lacs (ex-showroom Navi Mumbai*, W8 FWD variant)
To be available across Mahindra Dealerships December 5, 2015 onwards
November 25, 2015, Mumbai: Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd., India’s leading SUV
manufacturer, today announced the launch of the Automatic variant of the New Age XUV500. The Automatic Option will be available on 3 variants of the New Age XUV500 - W8 FWD and W10 FWD & AWD. The Automatic starts at an attractive price of Rs.15.36 lacs (ex-showroom Navi Mumbai*) for the W8 FWD variant and will be available across Mahindra Dealerships December 5, 2015 onwards.
The New Age XUV500 is the only SUV in its class to offer a 2nd generation 6-speed automatic transmission with AWD as an option. The all new Automatic Transmission has been sourced for the first time from the leading global supplier, AISIN, Japan. The New Age XUV500 Automatic takes the driving experience to the next level with easy cruising on city roads as well as on challenging terrains.
Speaking at the launch of the XUV500 all new Automatic variant Pravin Shah, President & Chief Executive (Automotive), M&M Ltd. said, "The XUV500 broke new ground for Mahindra when it was first launched in 2011 and with the launch of the New Age XUV500 earlier this year we have emerged as a strong player in the premium SUV segment. At Mahindra, it is our constant endeavour to offer advanced and accessible technologies to our customers. The XUV500 already has many technology firsts to its credit and now we have further pushed the boundaries with the introduction of the XUV500 Automatic. Being a listening organization, we constantly incorporate consumer insights and feedback and I am sure that this variant will be an instant hit with our customers.”
Key Features OF THE NEW AGE XUV500 AUTOMATIC
- Fully Automatic Gearbox - The XUV500 Automatic features a completely new 2nd generation transmission with torque convertor and a planetary gear-train that enables smooth and precise gear shifts. The intuitive gear changes combine responsiveness of a manual transmission with the hassle-free operation of an automatic, thereby providing the experience of both relaxed cruise or spirited drive, as desired. The all new Automatic transmission allows dynamic gear shifts that are smooth and barely perceptible.
- Optimized gear ratios (with 2 overdrive gears) with 6 speed automatic transmission for better fuel efficiency - With 6 gears the XUV500 has a higher number of gear ratios than a conventional 5 speed automatic which enables the driveline to deliver the best fuel efficiency. The gear ratios in the 6 speed transmission are optimized to ensure that the engine uses the minimum amount of fuel.
- Automatic transmission with AWD - For the Adventure seekers the all new Automatic transmission also comes with an option of All Wheel Drive (AWD). The AWD ensures that the vehicle torque is suitably distributed between the wheels to provide the best traction on rugged or slippery roads, by sensing the difference in RPM between the front and rear wheels.
- Intelligent adaptation to terrains and altitudes - The intelligent all new transmission is capable of adapting to mid and high altitudes to enable best drivability in these conditions. The two uphill climbing modes allow the vehicle to take on slopes and ghats effortlessly.
- Easy cruising in City - The automatic gearbox is capable of providing brisk acceleration and smooth delivery of torque across all 6 gears so as to enable a relaxed and stress free drive even in the stop and go city traffic. It comes with a “creep function” to aid in slow moving traffic.
- Manual Mode - The Manual mode is for those spirited drives as it allows the user to manually shift gears and extract the best performance from the vehicle.
- Minimum Service - In the XUV500 AT the Automatic Transmission Fluid is filled for life, ensuring service cost is kept to a minimum
The XUV500 was first launched in 2011, followed by its first major upgrade, the New Age XUV500, in 2015. The New Age XUV500 is packed with a host of hi-tech features, bold new cheetah-inspired exterior styling, plush and premium new interiors, exhilarating performance and best-in-class safety. Mahindra’s popular cheetah-inspired SUV crossed the significant milestone of more than 1,50,000 units (domestic+exports) in sales since its launch in September 2011.
The New Age XUV500 sports a sculpted new exterior with stylish new front grille with chrome inserts, new static bending headlamps with stylish light guides, stylish new fog lamps with chrome bezel, new premium window chrome lining, stylish new 43cm (17inch) alloy wheels and new rear chrome applique. The new electric sunroof, first in class logo projection lamps on ORVMs, 6-way power-adjustable driver’s seat, 18cm (7inch) touchscreen infotainment system with GPS, premium new black and beige interiors, plush new beige leather seats, amongst other additions further redefine the premium quotient.
The Mahindra Group focuses on enabling people to rise through solutions that power mobility, drive rural prosperity, enhance urban lifestyles and increase business efficiency.
A USD 16.9 billion multinational group based in Mumbai, India, Mahindra provides employment opportunities to over 200,000 people in over 100 countries. Mahindra operates in the key industries that drive economic growth, enjoying a leadership position in tractors, utility vehicles, information technology, financial services and vacation ownership. In addition, Mahindra enjoys a strong presence in the agribusiness, aerospace, components, consulting services, defence, energy, industrial equipment, logistics, real estate, retail, steel, commercial vehicles and two wheeler industries.
In 2015, Mahindra & Mahindra was recognized as the Best Company for CSR in India in a study by the Economic Times. In 2014, Mahindra featured on the Forbes Global 2000, a comprehensive listing of the world’s largest, most powerful public companies, as measured by revenue, profit, assets and market value. The Mahindra Group also received the Financial Times ‘Boldness in Business’ Award in the ‘Emerging Markets’ category in 2013.
Visit us at www.mahindra.com
Our Social Media Channels:
Twitter - https://twitter.com/MahindraRise
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/MahindraRise
For further enquiries please contact:
Senior General Manager
(Communications) Automotive & Farm
Equipment Sectors Office Direct Line – + 91 22 28468510
Office Email Address – [email protected]