Mahindra Commemorates its 75th Anniversary Launches the All-New Thar at Attractive Prices
AX series price starts at ₹ 9.80 Lakh (Ex-showroom Price, All India)
LX series price starts at ₹ 12.49 Lakh (Ex-showroom Price, All India)
- To book the All-New Thar, customers can either log on to https://auto.mahindra.com/buy/book-online?mgc=THRNor contact their nearest Mahindra dealership
- Test Drives for the All-New Thar will start in phases across the country
- Deliveries of the All-New Thar to commence from November 1, 2020
Mumbai, October 2, 2020: Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd, a part of the USD 19.4 billion Mahindra Group, today launched the All-New Thar, the most eagerly awaited, legendary SUV, on the very day that the Mahindra Group celebrates its 75th anniversary. In its all-new avatar the Thar will be available in two trims, namely AX & LX, with prices starting at ₹ 9.80 Lakh for AX series and ₹ 12.49 Lakh for LX series (Ex-showroom Price, All India).*
Within the All-New Thar’s classic silhouette lies its contemporary styling, a quantum leap in terms of performance, everyday comfort & convenience, technology and safety. It will not only attract die-hard Thar enthusiasts, but also appeal to all those who have always dreamt of owning an iconic vehicle, with all the bells and whistles of a contemporary SUV.
Booking for the All-New Thar open from today, October 2, 2020 and customers will have the option to book it by either logging on to https://auto.mahindra.com/buy/book-online?mgc=THRN or contacting their nearest dealerships. The All-New Thar can be booked with an initial payment of ₹. 21,000 and customers will have a plethora of options to choose from in terms of a wide range variants, colours and customization options.
Speaking at the launch of the All-New Thar, Dr. Pawan Goenka, MD & CEO, Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd. said, “Over the years, the Thar has been a part of Mahindra’s rich history and has found its way into the hearts of many as an object of desire. On the occasion of the Group’s 75th anniversary, we have written another chapter in its glorious history. In its all new avatar, the Thar is a notch higher in its timeless appeal, owing to its ability of being as comfortable on paved roads, as it has always been off-road. We are confident that the Thar tribe will grow stronger as a new set of customers come into its fore, in addition to the traditionalists”.
On this occasion Dr. Pawan Goenka also unveiled ‘Timeless Mahindra’ – a coffee table book that illustrates the journey of this iconic brand.
According to Rajesh Jejurikar, Executive Director, Auto & Farm Sectors, M&M Ltd., “Brand Mahindra is tough, edgy, and unique and the All-New Thar is its flagship brand. It embodies the value of Exploring the Impossible with a greater level of refinement and sophistication. Since its unveil, the response has been phenomenal, clearly proving to be one of the most awaited launches this year. We believe our attractive pricing will appeal to the adventure lovers as also to the urban lifestyle seekers.”
The unveil of the All-New Thar trended nationwide amongst the top 3 with over 500K searches on August 15, 2020 (Source: https://trends.google.com/trends/trendingsearches/daily?geo=IN ). To put some numbers, the All-New Thar also saw over 15 Lakh website visitors and an overall digital reach of over 2.9 Crore.
Veejay Nakra, CEO – Automotive Division, M&M Ltd. said, “We are happy to announce the opening of bookings for this eagerly awaited, iconic SUV on the day of Mahindra Group’s 75th anniversary. The test drive for the All-New Thar will start in phases and the deliveries will commence from November 1, 2020. It has been a labour of love for everyone at Mahindra and we are confident that it will make a lasting imprint as India’s most desirable, yet affordable SUV.”
Test drives for the All-New Thar will begin in phases, starting with 18 cities from today. The company will add 100 more cities on October 10, 2020 and test drives for the rest of the county will be available from October 15, 2020. For more details and updates on test drives customers can visit https://auto.mahindra.com/test-drive?brand=thar. The deliveries for the All-New Thar will commence on November 1, 2020.
Designed and engineered in India and manufactured out of Mahindra’s Nashik Plant, the All-New Thar will be available in six colours, namely - Red Rage, Mystic Copper, Galaxy Grey, Napoli Black, Rocky Beige and Aquamarine.
All-New Thar – Variant-Wise Prices
Price for AX series starts at ₹ 9.80 Lakh (Ex-showroom Price, All India)
|4WD Manual Transmission||Ex-Showroom Price, All India|
|AX||Petrol||Std 6-Seater Soft Top||₹ 9.80 Lakh|
|6-Seater Soft Top||₹ 10.65 Lakh|
|Diesel||6-Seater Soft Top||₹ 10.85 Lakh|
|AX OPT||Petrol||4-Seater Convertible Top||₹ 11.90 Lakh|
|Diesel||4-Seater Convertible Top||₹ 12.10 Lakh|
|4-Seater Hard Top||₹ 12.20 Lakh|
Price for LX series starts at ₹ 12.49 Lakh (Ex-showroom Price, All India)
|4WD Manual Transmission||Ex-Showroom Price, All India|
|LX||Petrol||4-Seater Hard Top||₹ 12.49 Lakh|
|Diesel||4-Seater Convertible Top||₹ 12.85 Lakh|
|4-Seater Hard Top||₹ 12.95 Lakh|
|4WD Automatic Transmission||Ex-Showroom Price, All India|
|LX||Petrol||4-Seater Convertible Top||₹ 13.45 Lakh|
|4-Seater Hard Top||₹ 13.55 Lakh|
|Diesel||4-Seater Convertible Top||₹ 13.65 Lakh|
|4-Seater Hard Top||₹ 13.75 Lakh|
About the All-New Thar
Evolution of an Iconic Design
The All-New Thar stays true to the iconic 2-door silhouette but adds purposeful and contemporary touches and design elements to it. With a wider, better-balanced stance and a choice of hard top and convertible roof top options, the All-New Thar imposes its presence wherever it goes.
This design approach flows into the interiors as well. While retaining the commanding driving position that is an integral part of the Thar’s DNA, the All-New Thar has a completely redesigned interior that mirrors the robust, retro-styled cues of the Thar’s exteriors.
- Iconic Design
- LED Daytime Running Lamps
- Dual Tone Bumpers
- LED Tail Lamps
- 45.72 cm (R18) Deep Silver Alloy Wheels
- Choice of Three Roof Options: a Hard Top, First-in-Class Manual Convertible Top & a Fixed Soft Top
- Front Fog Lamps
- All-New Purposeful Interiors with an All-Black theme with Silver Accents
- Faux carbon-fibre detailing around the AC vents & centre bezel
The All-New Thar is powered by two all-new engines which set new standards in terms of performance, refinement and reliability. A first for Thar and Mahindra, the All-New Thar is powered by the 2.0L mStallion TGDi petrol engine, and by the 2.2L mHawk Diesel engine. These engines are offered with a choice of 6-speed manual transmission or 6-speed torque converter automatic transmission, with an authentic 4x4 manual shift transfer case with a low ratio.
- All-New mStallion TGDi Petrol Engine produces 112 kW (150 bhp) of power & 320 Nm of torque
- All-New mHawk CRDe Diesel Engine produces 97 kW (130 bhp) of power & 320 Nm of torque
- 6-Speed Manual Transmission & 6-Speed Automatic Transmission options
- Manual Shift 4x4 Transfer Case with Low Crawl Ratio
Legendary Off-Road Capability and Refined On-Road Driving Experience
Rough trips demand tough vehicles. That’s why the All-New Thar has been built on a rugged 3rd Generation chassis and tested extensively in some of the harshest terrain in India and across the world. It has an all-new suspension setup that delivers the impossible: better off-roading capability, as well as superior on-road handling and drive quality. The All-New Thar is also equipped with advanced off-road hardware that seriously improves its capability to go wherever and do whatever the driver demands of it.
- Authentic Body-on-Frame Construction- A True SUV
- Independent Front Suspension & Multi-Link Rear Suspension set-up
- 4x4 Manual Shift Transfer Case with Low Ratio
- Mechanical Locking Differential on the Rear Axle
- First-in-Class Brake Locking Differential
- Class-leading approach (41.8 deg), departure (36.8 deg) & ramp over (27 deg) angles
- Ground clearance of 226mm
- Water wading depth of 650mm
- All-Terrain Tyres 255/65 R18, with White Lettering: The Largest Tyre in its Class
- First-in-Class Electromechanical Driveline Disconnect
Everyday Comfort & Convenience Features
The All-New Thar has been designed to provide amazing comfort & convenience in all driving conditions, be they off-road, on the highway or in the city. Special focus has been given to making the interior design as ergonomic as possible for all passengers, not just the driver.
- Sporty Front Seats
- Front-Facing Rear Seats with 50:50 split
- Roof mounted speakers
- Height Adjustable Driver Seat with Adjustable Lumbar Support
- One-Touch Tip & Slide Mechanism on the Co-Driver Seat
- Tilt Adjustable Steering Wheel
- Power Windows
- Electrically Adjustable ORVMs
- Central Locking with Remote Flip Key
Loaded with Technology
Keeping in mind the sporty and adventurous lifestyle of its owners, the All-New Thar is loaded with technology that keeps drivers connected with the Thar, their surroundings and friends no matter where they are, through multiple first-in-class features.
- 17.7 cm Touchscreen Infotainment System with Android Auto, Apple CarPlay, USB, Navigation
- First-in-Class Adventure Statistics Display on the Infotainment System
- First-in-Class Adventure Connect:Mahindra Adventure Calendar Display
- First-in-Class Smart Watch & Phone Connectivity with Blue Sense App
- TFT Multi Information Display in the Instrument Cluster
- Electronic HVAC Controls
- Dust & water resistant (IP54 Standard) interiors (Infotainment system, dashboard & steering switches)
- First-in-Class Tyretronics: Tyre Pressure Monitoring System
- First-in-Class Tyre Direction Monitoring System
- Cruise Control
- Steering Mounted Audio & Phone Controls
World-Class Safety Standards
While exploring the impossible, it’s best to stay as safe as possible. That’s why the All-New Thar is equipped with a world-class range of active & passive safety features to keep all passengers secure and out of harm’s way.
- Crash-safety compliant bodyshell
- First-in-Class ESP with Rollover Mitigation
- First-in-Class Built-in Roll-cage with 3-Point Seat belts for all passengers
- Dual Airbags & ABS
- First-in-Class Hill Hold & Hill Descent Control
- First-in-Class ISOFIX Child Seat Mounts
- Intellipark: Rear Parking Sensors
The Mahindra Group is a USD 19.4 billion federation of companies that enables people to rise through innovative mobility solutions, driving rural prosperity, enhancing urban living, nurturing new businesses and fostering communities. It enjoys a leadership position in utility vehicles, information technology, financial services and vacation ownership in India and is the world’s largest tractor company by volume. It also enjoys a strong presence in renewable energy, agribusiness, logistics and real estate development. Headquartered in India, Mahindra employs over 2,56,000 people across 100 countries.
Learn more about Mahindra on www.mahindra.com / Twitter and Facebook: @MahindraRise
Media contact information
Vice President (Communications)
Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd.
Landline – + 91 22 28468510
Email – [email protected]